The Yakima Air Terminal is updating their Airport Master Plan in conjunction with URS Corp. – a comprehensive study of the airport’s future development needs. This section of the website is designed to keep the public informed of the process and provide opportunities for public comment on the plan.
The Plan Will Address
- Compatibility with nearby development
- Active participation from a wide group of airport stakeholders
- Dynamic passenger growth caused by many influencing factors
- Potential impacts on the surrounding community with recommended methods to minimize them
- Updating the Airport’s current Airport Layout Plan (ALP) documents in accordance with federal airport operating and design standards
Development of the Yakima Air Terminal Airport Master Plan is expected to take 18 months. Key to the process will be advice and guidance from the community through a stakeholder group, public meetings and ongoing feedback. Major milestones will be the development of aviation demand forecasts in October and November of this year, development of alternative strategies in early Summer 2012, and finalization of the master plan and formal adoption of the Airport Layout Plan in late 2012. Each of these milestones will be preceded with an open public meeting during which input will be obtained and incorporated into the final plan. Completion of the master plan along with adoption and project closeout is scheduled for the beginning of 2013.